fdisk unable to read /dev/sdb

Martha Flugstad MARTHAF at exchange.astate.edu
Fri May 7 15:10:00 CDT 2004

    I'm running AS 2.1 with the 2.4.9-e.3smp kernel.  Output from dmesg did show an instance of sdb.  The fdisk -l command gives the same output as for /dev/sdb except that it shows the partitions for /dev/sda.
    I just finished talking to a Redhat technician who recommended I try upgrading the kernel and if that doesn't help to reinstall from the Update 4 disks.  She thought that I didn't have the driver for the PERC 3/DC.

Martha