fdisk unable to read /dev/sdb

Martha Flugstad MARTHAF at exchange.astate.edu
Fri May 7 14:39:01 CDT 2004

Yes, I have looked at dmesg and at /proc/scsi/scsi.  The system sees the drive.  Here is the output from 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: Virtual Disk 0   Rev: V1.0
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD 0 RAID0 1119G Rev: 1.80
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 04 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PERC 3/DC        Rev: 1.80
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 04 Id: 15 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PV22XS           Rev: E.14
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HL-DT-ST Model: RW/DVD GCC-4240N Rev: E112
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

It's the scsi1 that I am trying to partition.  Thanks for your help.

Martha