error e13f4 PCI PARITY

Pablo Maurin pmaurin at isg-services.com
Fri May 7 13:26:00 CDT 2004

Hey guys, i found my 2650 locked up a few days ago, the LCD was
scrolling PCI PARITY e13f4. And my linux box said something about a
kernel panic. I tried rebooting, shutting off the power completely for
30 secs and plugging back in, it was the same error on the LCD. I also
noticed it gave me a weird error in my shell while i was doing things.
Something about kernel getting an NMI and that one of my RAM chips are
probably messed up. Also after i rebooted my switch, i guess the 2650
was renewing its IP info, and it crashed with a kernel panic. This
happened every time i reset my switch. Oh and also i couldnt get any
network connectivity even though the configurations were correct because
i have a 1750 that works just fine.

I read on dell's website that e13f4 means theres a PCI card that has
failed, or the system board failed. The only PCI card we had was a SCSI
card. I removed it and booted the 2650 and it was still spitting out the
same errors. It seems it has to do something with my two integrated
gigabit NIC's.

Any one had a similar problem? How was it resolved?

Thanks,
Pablo