no RHEL3 on SNAP update A10 CDs

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri May 7 13:18:01 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 08:07:07AM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Yesterday I receieved my SNAP update CDs to address the RAID issues.  I
> have a PE2650 & PV220S with PERC3/Di & PERC3/DCs and the system is
> running RHEL3 ES with the 2.4.21-9.0.1.ELsmp kernel.
>
> The SNAP CDs I have only provide support for RH7.3, 8.0, and AS2.1.  Do
> I need to get a different SNAP CD that provides support for RHEL3, or do
> I have to get the updates from the Dell support site?

Please contact your Dell sales account team.  They can provide you
with the SNAP A11 CD which no longer is OS-based, but DOS-based.  It
will update firmwares for controllers, but no longer updates OMSA and
OS-level device drivers.  This means it will work regardless of which
OS your system runs natively.

Thanks,
Matt

--