OMSA on PE1300,1400,1600sc

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Thu May 6 23:44:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Sean McAvoy wrote:

> Hello,
> I am looking to build an image for PE1300,1400, and 1600sc. We used
> Debian 3.0 on all the systems with a kernel that can boot on all the
> models. I was thinking about spending the time getting OMSA working for
> the image. My questions are:

OMSA would tie to your OS, not the hardware platform.  So if you successfully
have OMSA working on a Debian 3.0 install on one platform it should work fine
on all the other platforms you deploy it on.

> can the same version of OMSA be used across all of those systems?

yes AFAIK.

> and if not which versions would work on each, and do the versions for
> the 1300/1400 support temperture monitoring thru anything other than
> the webserver included. Thanks

you can usually access the command line interface (omreport) as well as
the web server interface.

regards,

-jason