PowerEdge 2650 lockup - hard reboot required

Ricardo, Gerson gricardo at gableseng.com
Thu May 6 17:07:28 CDT 2004

That issue revolves around the tg3 loadable module (aka broadcom hard
freeze).  You either have to replace it with the bm5700 loadable module
or stop using the Broadcom ASICs alltogether.  We had the exact same
issue and what i did to resolve it was I simply disabled the nics'
themselves and used Intel PCI-X cards.  Not a single hard lockup since
then.

-Gerson

  _____