Cannot communicate

Thu May 6 17:03:01 CDT 2004

Make sure that ftp and telnet daemons are on and running.
chkconfig wu-ftpd on
chkconfig telnet on
service xinetd restart
chkconfig --list
look under the xinetd section at the bottom and telnet and wu-ftpd
should both say on and if not they aren't installed and will need to
install the server parts of them.  Ftp and telnet out are using the
client portions in linux which are completely separate from server
part.
Steve

  _____

From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Dale Williams
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 1:13 PM
To: 'linux-poweredge at dell.com'
Subject: Cannot communicate

Dear Sir(s)

I am new to Linux. And I have loaded Advanced Server 2.1 to our
PowerEdge 2600. The system is running fine. But, we can only telnet or
ftp out of the server, not into it. Can you please provide me a solution
to this problem or instructions to solve it. The Firewall was
de-activated.

Thank you,
Dale

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or
copying of this email and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email in error, please immediately delete it and any copy
from your system and immediately notify the originator.