Dellmgr question

Tom Lesniak TLesniak at lyrix.com
Wed May 5 15:32:01 CDT 2004

Ok. Normally I would read the manual for this but damned if I can locate
the manual for Dellmgr (under linux)

I've got a 2600 with a PV220 attached to a Perc3/DC card. I'm running the
PV220 in split backplane mode and utilizing both channels from the
perc3/dc. I've got 5 mirrored pairs that are cross channel mirrored, and I
don't have a hot standby.  One of my drives in the raid chassis has died on
me so I'm going to try replacing the drive. But I'm not 100% sure on what I
need to do to be able to hot-swap the drive.

I think what I need to do is to run 'dellmgr' and then select 'Objects' ->
'Physical Drive' -> then select the drive in question and press 'enter' to
get into the 'drive information' menu.
Then select 'Prepare to Remove' which I'm guessing spins down the drive and
removes power to the slot??

then I can go ahead and pull the drive. then I guess spin it up then
initiate my rebuild.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this approach??

     - Tom Lesniak