RHEL2ES kernel question

Phillip Barker BarkerP at co.curry.or.us
Wed May 5 10:59:00 CDT 2004

Hi Matt,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't aware of how Redhat did
their kernels. I'm still accustomed to doing them by hand. Is there a
specific spot on the Redhat website where I can learn more about how
they approach kernel construction? I'm particularly interested in
how 2.4.9-e.XX relates to 2.4.26 on a plain vanilla kernel.

I wouldn't have thought that glibc would need to be updated. Currently
the box is running the glibc version included with 2.4.9-e.12smp kernel.

I can see now that I need to invest more time into becoming more
familiar with the Redhat way of doing things. Time to buy more books!

Cheers!
Phil