sles 8 open manage

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Mon May 3 17:09:00 CDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Mike Wagner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Dell PowerEDGE 1750 Server running SuSE Linux Enterprise
> Server 8.  I have noticed that the Dell Open Manage software is only
> supported by Red Hat Linux.  I have not tried to install this on SLES 8
> yet.  I was wondering if it is possible to install Open Manage on SLES
> 8?

it is technically possible but as you pointed out, not supported by dell
(or probably suse).  there are a number of previous posts in this list
about how to get DOMSA running on a variety of OSes other than RH/RHEL,
e.g debian, slackware and suse i think as well.  you should be able to
find these by searching the archive.