PE2650 ERA Floppy Boot AS 3.0

Matthew_Wygant@Dell.com Matthew_Wygant at Dell.com
Sun May 2 12:16:01 CDT 2004

There is a different install option you can set, I forget exactly which
one, perhaps 'linux serial'...  I will look it up, but we have made it
work for some other customers.

-matt

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Sean Bruno
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 2:39 AM
To: linux-poweredge mailing list
Subject: PE2650 ERA Floppy Boot AS 3.0

I don't exactly know what the failure here is, but it appears there is
an inability of the ERA III in the 2650(running version 3.10) to display
the "text" version of the floppy installer(kick start in my case, but
acts the same in running "linux text").

The "remote console" display a little bit of text(after I removed the
lame RedHat image from the boot menu.  It then goes off and starts
installer app.

What is even stranger, I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't for my
kickstart, is that it appears to be working just fine and it is the JAVA
console app from the ERA that is unable to display the AS text
installer.

I backed down the ERA firmware all the way back to 2.10 to make sure I
wasn't crazy(I remember this working with RH9).  It appears to be the
specific combination of AS 3 and the ERA.  RH9 works fine in "linux
text" but AS 3 fails to display correctly.

Is this a bug in the AS installer or in the ERA?
--
Sean Bruno
Telecommunications Engineer