URGENT - Failed Drive

Chris_Purcell@Dell.com Chris_Purcell at Dell.com
Sat May 1 06:14:01 CDT 2004

Linux and Novell Hardware Support
Tues-Sat 0600-1500
1-800-822-8965

From: "George Bagley" <poweredge at redeye.com>
To: <linux-poweredge at dell.com>
Subject: URGENT - Failed Drive
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:09:04 +0100

Hi

I have an internal drive in a PowerEdge 6650 with the activity led
blinking amber.

The drive is a Seagate Cheetah 36GB drive in a hot swap cage.

I assume this means that the drive had failed - however when i look at
the drive in dellmgr (OS in redhat advanced server) the drive shows as
ONLIN in green.

I cannot find details anywhere about how to interpret the leds.

Has the drive failed?  Can I just pull it out, insert a new one and
rebuild in dellmgr?

Thanks

George