IP multipathing with Broadcom NetXtreme

syn uw syn_uw at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 05:28:01 CST 2003

Hello,

I've got a PowerEdge 2650 with it's standard onboard Gigabit Ethernet card
Broadcom NetXtreme. I am running Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 and would like to
know if it's possible to have an equivalent of Solaris's IP multipathing but
on Linux.

For those who don't know Solaris's IP multipathing, it's a method of having
high availability network connection when having two NICs in a Server. For
example if one NIC goes down the IP address moves from one NIC to the other
acheiving higher availability.

Is there something like that for Linux with a PowerEdge ? If yes how can I
implement that ?

PS: I am using the kernel's (2.4.20) integrated tg3 network driver module.

Many thanks for your help

Regards