Problem about PE4600

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Mar 27 22:53:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 20:54, Jiang Alan wrote:
> I have installed Mandrake 9.1 on my PE4600 because of the failure of
> Redhat 8.0 on it. Now I have two questions:

What failures with Red Hat Linux 8.0?  That should "just work".  Are
your failures already noted in our Red Hat Linux 8.0 Information Update?
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/software/oslin8x/80_update/en/Linux8A01.pdf

> 1. After installation, the front LED Panel shows in orange color : PCI
> Parity. How to solve this error?

We've seen this now in our labs, and are trying to track it down.  Can
you send me the output of:

lspci -vvx

and any messages printed by the kernel when this occurs?

> 2. I have two xeon processors which support HyperThreading technology
> installed. How do I know this feature has been properly opened? What I
> mean is how can I see 4 logical processors?

/proc/cpuinfo will show 4 processors with HT enabled, 2 with it
disabled.

Thanks,
Matt

--