additional processor for PE2500

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Thu Mar 27 15:00:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, W. Josephson wrote:

> I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I can't seem to find
> the answer.  I have a PE2500 with a 1.4GHz PIII
> and I'd like to install a second processor.  How
> can I determine the appropriate part number? I've

email or call dell spare parts/support.  to date they have been pretty good
in providing me with part numbers and quotes.

> only been able to find processors up to 1.15GHz.
> Although I'd rather buy from Dell in this case,
> does anyone know of a reliable second-source (and
> again, how to determine the correct processor to
> obtain)?

try speaking to scsistuff.com (sales at scsistuff.com).  i've bought
dell related parts from them in the past and been happy with the
service.  they can also understand Plain English (tm) so you could
just ask for "1.4Ghz P3 for PE2500" and they should be able to
supply that.

regard,

-jason