Tools to exercise Dell 2650 hardware?

Ian MacDougall ian.macdougall at pinnacle.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 03:53:01 CST 2003

We needed to stress test a mirrored disk set and used bonnie++

http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/

The tests it does are user configurable and that allows you to create a
fair amount of strain on the disks.

Dell do a suite diagnostic tools for the 1650's we have which work on
everything apart from the disk subsystem, you'll probably find they have
a similar package for 2650's

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 23:21, David C. Kovar wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could suggest a suite of tools, not necessarily from
> the same source, for really exercising a Dell server prior to putting it into
> service. I'm interested in stressing memory, hard disk, RAID, etc.
>
> We have a 2650 that has exhibited odd behavior that we're unable to replicate
> on a nearly identical server (see my NFS issues post) and I'd like to thoroughly
> test both the current server and it's potential replacement.
>
> -David

Ian MacDougall

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com