CERC

JP Vossen vossenjp at netaxs.com
Tue Mar 25 11:13:01 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> i'm about to order a poweredge 600SC IDE
> i've searched the archive a bit and found a few posts about the ide raid
> controller (CERC), but none of them seems to have got it working

That's news to me...  I've had one working on a PE500SC since August 2002.

> so i'm now wondering, which driver/module does it use?

Ben already answered that better than I could.

> and will it work out of the box, or do i need to patch the kernel?
> (planning on running 2.4.x)

It worked out of the box for my RedHat 8.0 (ISO image download).  I also got
the machine to use the internal IDE to run an extra 40G drive for /tmp (& the
CD-ROM).  So I have 72x3 IDE RAID5, + 40G /tmp, which I seem to recall someone
telling me I couldn't do.

I seem to recall it worked out of the box for RedHat 7.3 (ISO also).  But I
installed RH8 as soon as it came out (since the box wasn't production yet and
I had lots of time to migrate and get it all working, which was a bit of a
chore as noted in another thread).

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|                jp at jpsdomain.org
"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."