RH 9.0?

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Tue Mar 25 10:31:00 CST 2003

Would it not be possible to pull out a RH 7.3 SRPM and then in RH 8.0,
perform an rpmbuild (I think that is the command) and get that to work.
Possible problems could be with the GCC stuff as there 3.x in RH8.0.

I think that many people sometimes blindly upgrade or go to the new
version, it would be very wise to do some research of the new features
and even simply ftp into the rawhide directory and take a look a the
packages that will give you a sense of what is going on, even if RedHat
is not forthcoming.

This I believe would save people alot of time and grief. Hence why I am
still sticking with RH 7.3 until they have worked out the modules and
the like in stock RH8.0 + Apache. Apache 1.3x is still quite popular out
there.

Cheers,

	Aly.