percsnmpd on PE4600

Asher Frenkel asher_f at rad.com
Tue Mar 25 07:20:01 CST 2003

Hi,
and thanks for you replies.
snmpd is still up after the snmpwalk command.
the perc SNMP agent seems to crash, this is confirmed by the following from /var/log/messages:
Mar 25 14:54:27 vm01c01 Dell PERC SNMP Agent: Agent Abormal termination
(yes, the abormal typo is in the log)

after that there are a couple of percmain processes hanging around but no percagent.

I also tried to upgrade the ucd-snmpd and utils, but it doesn't help.

I don't think this is a access problem, I'm will add the a relevant excerpt from snmpd.conf in the end just to make sure.

any further suggestion?

Thanks.

Asher

snmpd.conf snip:

#               sec.name  source          community
#com2sec notConfigUser  default           public
com2sec         vm01c01   192.114.24.127  public
com2sec         misman2   192.114.24.94   public

####
# Second, map the security name into a group name:

#       groupName      securityModel securityName
group   MyRWGroup        v1            vm01c01
group   MyROGroup        v1            misman2
#group   notConfigGroup v2c           notConfigUser

#       name           incl/excl     subtree         mask(optional)
#view    systemview     included      system
view    all             included        .1              80

####
# Finally, grant the group read-only access to the systemview view.

#       group          context sec.model sec.level prefix read   write  notif
#access  notConfigGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  systemview none none
access MyROGroup ""  any noauth exact all none none
access MyRWGroup ""  any noauth exact all all all