bcm5820 driver source?

Philip Jacob phil at eyeglasses.com
Sat Mar 22 17:11:00 CST 2003

I can't explain to you what a pain in the neck it was to get this card
working with Debian, but I believe I have it mostly working now.  Fyi,
the patch in the RH kernel does not patch happily against the default
kernel for some reason.  It would be great if this source was made
available elsewhere for those Dell customers who are using Linux
distributions other than RH.

However, there is one problem that I am still having and I want to
determine if this is related to something I did or perhaps otherwise.
When running "openssl speed -engine ubsec", things chug along nicely
for a while and then:

   Doing 1024 bit verify dsa's for 10s: 2865 1024 bit DSA verify in 0.01s
   Segmentation fault

The following message gets logged:

   Mar 22 11:58:49 hostname kernel: BCM582x: Maximum length supported
1024. Given length 2048.
   Mar 22 11:58:49 hostname kernel: BCM582x: KeyCommandCopyin failed.

Would someone who has an Broadcom 5820 card running in their Redhat
Linux server be willing to share the output of this command?  I am
wondering if this behavior is a known problem that also exists on other
platforms.

   openssl speed -engine ubsec

Tia,
phil.