Redhat 8.0 on 1655MC

Michael James michael.james at csiro.au
Thu Mar 20 17:55:20 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:46 am, Minica, Nelson (EDS) wrote:
> Default install Redhat 8.0 on 1655MC blade locked up after two weeks of
> light usage.

Blades come in chassis of 6,
 is there another blade with a similar software setup?

Or could you swap software with another blade
 and find whether it's software or hardware that's biting you?

If Dell tell you that it's hardware, say "Fine send me another,
 you can have this one back when we've finished testing."

We have 66 blades running Suse 8.1 stably here.
All we have to do is upgrade the kernel to the latest release.

michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166