Question:PE2650 2xgbit ether

Bignell, Ken Ken_Bignell at Dell.com
Thu Mar 20 14:37:01 CST 2003

Christoffer,
	You asked the following:

*	Cheers
*	Have a stack of servers (PE2650) with dual eth. Gbit
*	wonder how I should config them, network wise

*	Are there any possibilities for some sort of failover between the
two
*	ports, or do I have to assign eth0 and eth1 with separate IP's

*	Any suggestions or ideas?

Yes, use the Dell\Broadcom driver's advanced teaming features.  Download the
HTML documentation to find out how.
ftp://ftp.dell.com/network/Bcom_LAN_60_Manual_02.exe
<ftp://ftp.dell.com/network/Bcom_LAN_60_Manual_02.exe>  (self-extracting
Windows Zip file).  Also download Bcom_LAN_60_RHSrc_02.tar.gz for the
drivers.

Ken Bignell
SNaC  (Security, Networking and Commodities)
Phone (512) 723-0546
ken_bignell at dell.com <mailto:ken_bignell at dell.com>