Redhat 8.0 on 1655MC

Minica, Nelson (EDS) Nelson.Minica at RailAmerica.com
Thu Mar 20 13:11:00 CST 2003

Sorry I meant to include that.  Nothing on the console, nothing in
/var/log/messages.  Stops responding to pings.  Dell support was not too
helpful, saying it should work fine and must be a hardware problem.

Two CPU 1.4 PIII with one gig of memory, mirrored 73G hard drives.  Guess
I'll try what Steve suggested and look into the raid firmware.  btw, It's a
PERC 4/im with MPTBIOS-IM-5.02.15

cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: VIRTUAL DISK     Rev: 1000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

cat /proc/scsi/mptscsih/0
ioc0: LSI53C1030, FwRev=01000c00h, Ports=1, MaxQ=222, IRQ=14

Thanks.

Nelson Minica
Nelson.Minica at RailAmerica.com