Backup problems with PV136T tape library

Nic Box nic.box at iop.org
Thu Mar 20 10:53:01 CST 2003

Thanks to all who responded. This turned out to be a hardware issue - two suspect LTO drives were identified through a process of elimination (single scsi controller - single drive - test - repeat).

The interesting thing is that we had two drives per scsi controller and if one of the drives was faulty, it would bring down the good drive. Possibly owing to the terminator being connected to the faulty drive I guess.

Nic

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked by MIMEsweeper using
F-Secure Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.