How to turn off speaker on perc3

Benito A. Venegas bvenegas at securities.com
Wed Mar 19 21:57:01 CST 2003

Claude:

Using afacli you can use:
afacli
open afa0 (in my case)
AFA0> enclosure set alarm /on=FALSE 0

---

Syntax

AFA0> enclosure set alarm /on={boolean} {enclosure}

where,
{enclosure}

Specifies the ID associated with the enclosure management device whose
audible alarm you want to set. For this version, the controller supports a
maximum of eight enclosure management devices on each channel.

/on{=boolean}

Specifies whether to turn the enclosure management device's audible alarm
on or off. If you set this switch to TRUE, the command turns on the
audible alarm. If you set this switch to FALSE, the command turns off the
audible alarm.

The default is FALSE

Check the link Documentation that Matt has posted in his site
(http://domsch.com/linux/, and you will find a link to Dell Command Line
Interface Reference 2.1.,
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/storage/57kgr/cli/en/enclosec.htm#31588 )

I hope this can help you.