3c90x.o woes

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Wed Mar 19 14:37:01 CST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Adam Williams wrote:

> What kernel and version of 3c59x are you using?  I've used 2 3c905 NIC's
> in servers for years.

what adam said.  i have 2 3c509s in a dell 2450 right now with no issues.

my first guess is to again check the values in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX
very carefully.  i've created problems for myself in the past with typos there.

have you also tried two different 3c905s than the original two you have in
case it is a hardware problem of some kind with those two nics ?

i am not sure i would bother with downloading a driver from 3com - the driver
in the linux kernel has been working well and IIRC 3com recommend you use that
anyway.

regards,

-jason