Upgrade a dell 2500 to a dell 2650?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Mar 19 14:03:01 CST 2003

Should be fine as long as the dell 2650 also uses an adaptec raid card.
The adaptec raid card will prolly give an error on boot saying error on
logical drive 0 or 1.  if so, you will need to go into the scsi card's
bios and go to view scsi config or whatever and then save it so it will
see the raid on the drives.

2500 should recognize the drives too.  it will prolly also give a logical
drive error, if so go to the scsi card bios on it and let it find the raid
logical drive and save it.

Sorry if my intructions arent' too clear, because I've only messed with
the raid config on the AMI Megaraid cards.  We have a poweredge 2500 here
but I've only went in the scsi card once to chagne it from a raid 5 to a
raid 0 and that was 6+ months ago.  But you shouldn't have any problems
other then just telling the adaptec raid card about the new logical raid
drive.

			Adam