DRAC driver from source

Mathias Kanstrup mathias.kanstrup at ongame.com
Wed Mar 19 10:55:01 CST 2003

Hi Linux gurus!

I am trying to install the DRAC module for the latest Redhat kernel -
2.4.18-27.7.xsmp

I have installed the source - "DRAC-Driver-2.5.0-1.src.rpm", then I try to do
a "rpm -bb DRAC-Driver.spec" and get the error message

"In file included from src/MegaRacDrvrLx.c:35:
/lib/modules/2.4.18-27.7.xsmp/build/include/linux/malloc.h:4:2: #error
linux/malloc.h is deprecated, use linux/slab.h instead."

Temporary commenting out the #error in malloc.h (as it includes slab.h) makes
the module compile.
When trying to insmod the module I get the following error message

"Warning: loading rac.o will taint the kernel: no license

  See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about tainted
modules
rac.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg"

I then try force load it, and end up with the following error message.
"/lib/modules/2.4.18-27.7.xsmp/kernel/misc/rac.o: init_module: No such device"
and "kernel: DRAC not found on PCI bus" in syslog.

I am sure the the DRAC is working, I have configured it at start up
(Control-D) and succefully logged in with root / calvin through the web
interface.

Any ideas appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Mathias Kanstrup