NMI ISR: NMI_PRIMARY_BRIDGE_ERROR

Heflin, Roger A. Roger.A.Heflin at conocophillips.com
Wed Mar 19 09:58:00 CST 2003

Finally, we had Dell repair it, they replaced the motherboard, and everything
now works correctly.

Before one of the interfaces failed to work correctly (it lost all packets), though
the network counters appeared to rise (roughly as expected) on both the switch
end and on the machine end, and neither end saw any errors.

The os build was unchanged and before the original motherboard failure and worked
correctly, after the first motherboard change, we lost eth0 (built-in), and after
the motherboard was replaced again everything worked correctly, the eth0 problem
persisted over several tests, over changing switch ports, and ethernet cables, and
over reboots and power cycles.   Replacing the motherboard fixed the issue, though
the not seeing any errors and actually seeing the packet and byte counters rise
like expected is confusing me exactly what was happening to the packets.  No OS
changes were made.

                                           Roger