megamon kills my PERC3/DC card!

Titzer, David DTitzer at servicebench.com
Mon Mar 17 14:18:01 CST 2003

>> I also had similar problem with mi PE8450 using RedHat 7.2 until I
installed
>> the newer version
>>
>> Megamon-3.6-0.i386.rpm
>
> This version it just dies silently on us on our 4400 w/ Perc 3/QC running
> RH7.2.  Seems to run for a few hours (I think) and then dies off.  Given
> up on Megamon - just walk to the server room and listen for the
> ear-piercing alarm about once a day.
>
> Chris

Chris, all,

I can't just give up that easily. My PE8450 is in a distant (1-hour's drive)
co-location facility, so I can't just cruise by the server room every day. I
still hold out some hope that there's a megamon that will run properly on
SuSE SLES7, or that there's a way to take a known version and 'help' it
work.

-dat