rpm installation problem on PE2650

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Sun Mar 16 14:13:00 CST 2003

I have this problem every now and again with RPM.  It doesn't seeem to be
server related, as I've had it happen at one time or another on almost any
server I've used.  2 things I have noticed to cause it are:

1)  a samba share mounted, but the remote computer's networking is down
for whatever reason, but you didn't unmount the share on the redhat
computer.

2)  sometimes the RPM database gets hosed and you have to rebuild it.  run
rpm --rebuilddb

If those do not work, you can install the redhat rpm database package. And
then usually rpm will start working again as normal.

ftp://jungle.metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/8.0/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/rpmdb-redhat-8.0-0.20020910.i386.rpm

			Adam