rpm installation problem on PE2650

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Sun Mar 16 12:48:01 CST 2003

Hi

Can anyone suggest a reason why rpm should cease to work on a PE2650 with
RH8.0 vanilla SMP?  I have to kill it from another xterm and from Nautilus
it just doesn't open at all.

I've never seen this before on this machine or any other.  The OMSA
parameters look OK - machine tests return OK although particularly over X
it does seem quite slow with the graphics.

I can rpm --help and simple things like that but -ivh or -q just hangs
otherwise. It seems to happen with any package and of course makes
updating rather difficult.

-:( -:(.

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7768982349       www.quantex-research.com