Poweredge 4400 Upgrade

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Fri Mar 14 19:16:01 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Jay Emerson wrote:

> Anybody know if I can put the new 143 GB SCSI drives into my 4400?
> RAID 5 on the PERC3/Di I think, the onboard controller?

yes.  you can.  it may not be a "dell supported" config, but it will work.

dell do support using the 146G drives in the 4600 of course (the successor
to your 4400 - hmm, was there ever a 4500 or did they skip a generation
there?)

you can have a maximum of 8+2 drives in the 4400 IIRC.  you can also
use the 180G disks which are 1.6" high in the 4400, but only 8 of them.

regards,

-jason