Kernel 2.4.18-26* upgrade questions

Rechenberg, Andrew ARechenberg at shermanfinancialgroup.com
Fri Mar 14 12:43:00 CST 2003

I believe you have to point your compile to the headers in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-26.7.xbigmem/kernel/build.  Otherwise it tries to
use some #define in some other kernel headers and compiles in the wrong
kernel_verion into the driver.  If I recall correctly, I had a fit with
my esm compile and I had to do that.  If I get the time I'll dig around
and get the exact process for you.

Also, If anyone at Dell is listening, you have to change the spec file
in the DRAC-Driver SRC RPM to get the binary RPM to build properly.
Dell evidently hasn't updated the spec file for sometime as it still has
references in there to smp, and enterprise kernels.  When it's building
the modules it tries to build a UP module (2.4.18-26.7.x), an SMP module
(2.4.18-26.7.xsmp) and one for the old enterprise kernel
(2.4.18-26.7.xenterprise).  Since Red Hat changed the way kernels are
named, the build script in the RPM spec file doesn't build the modules
with the correct kernel_version.  Can you update the spec file to
reflect the changes in the Red Hat naming conventions please?

Thanks,
Andy.