disk errors on a PE6300

Wesley T. Perdue wes at greenfieldnetworks.com
Thu Mar 13 16:40:01 CST 2003

All,

I'd thought you'd all appreciate an update on this one.  It turns out that the users were mistaken, and they were _not_ seeing checksum errors on the local system -- they were seeing them across an nfs mount from an older 2.4.2 (and non-Intel) system.

We've disabled nfs caching (with -noac) on the client, as they can't upgrade the kernel for a while, so we hope that works around the problem.

Regards,
Wes