Strange ntpd error on a PE2650.

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Mar 13 15:34:01 CST 2003

ntpd is the network time protocol, used to syncing time on servers.  Are
you running xntpd?  ps -ax|grep ntp will show it.  If so stop it (i think
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpd stop or similar) because you don't need it running
unless you are acting as a time server.  Better to sync your servers with
time.nist.gov or time.noaa.gov if you want to keep all your servers clocks
in sync.

			Adam