Kernel 2.4.18-26* upgrade questions

Pottinger, Hardy J. PottingerHJ at umsystem.edu
Thu Mar 13 15:11:00 CST 2003

Well, I'm using the new kernel, and tg3 driver, now. However, the ESM module required for much of the functionality of DOMSA is not being compiled for the running kernel. Here's the output of insmod (located at /var/tmp/esm.map):

/lib/modules/2.4.18-26.7.xbigmem/misc/esm.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        /lib/modules/2.4.18-26.7.xbigmem/misc/esm.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.18-26.7.x
        while this kernel is version 2.4.18-26.7.xbigmem.

Does anyone know how I can get ESM to compile for the bigmem kernel? Thanks.

--Hardy