Hyperthreading

Gordon Rimac grimac at nabancard.com
Thu Mar 13 14:00:01 CST 2003

You turn off hyperthreading in the bios, on my 2650 I believe the
setting was something along the lines of Enable/Disable Logical
Processor.

If Hyperthreading is on each processor will appear as 2 processors in a
SMP kernel.  (My 2 CPU 2650 appears to have 4 processors).  When you cat
/proc/cpuinfo you will see 2 entries for each CPU.

I haven't noticed a dramatic difference either way speedwise on my
server (a postgres database server running RH7.3).