Dell OpenManage Array Manager Problem

Tue Mar 11 23:07:00 CST 2003

Array Manager functions and utilities are not supported in linux.  You have
a command line interface for the perc3/di and that is about it.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Pilon, Michel [mailto:mipilon at nrcan.gc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 6:49 PM
To: 'linux-poweredge at dell.com'
Subject: Dell OpenManage Array Manager Problem

Hello dear Dell-Linux gurus,

I just installed Linux RedHat Advanced Server  2.1 as the operating system
on a Dell PowerEdge 2650

Using the Open Manage CD (version 3.2.2) I successfully installed the
Managed System Software. As the OS is Linux, the Management Station
Applications should be installed on a system running Windows. I installed it
successfully also on a PC running Windows within the same subnet. Then I
should be able to remotely manage my Linux box as specified on page 1-13 of
the Quick Installation Guide of OpenManage (July 2002 P/N 4U141 Rev. A00).

The Problem:

Each time I tried to connect to the Linux box via the Array Manager Console,
I got the following error message:

	Dell OpenManage Array Manager :	The connection failed.

Here are the entries I used:

	Computer	: (My computer name)
	Username	: root
	Password	: (Root password)
	Domain		: (No domain specified)

I found no help on the documentation or troubleshooting section and neither
within the Dell knowledge base. In fact, I found nothing about how to
remotely manage a linux box using Dell OpenManage...

Can you please help me to solve that problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

--
Michel Pilon
Analyste de systèmes			                System Analyst