Kernel 2.4.18-26 Question

Brent DiNicola brentd at cicada-semi.com
Mon Mar 10 15:49:00 CST 2003

I know these aren't PowerEdge machines but,
we have Dell WS 530 machines with 2 gig ram
and 2.4ghz dual proc. I was wondering, I am
running the -smp kernel, should I be using
the -bigmem instead? I am going to soon upgrade
these to -26 as it sounds like the tg3 and
bcm5700 troubles are settling down. I have
all BCM5700 Cards in these so I have been
waiting until the kernel settles. Which kernel
should I use.. smp or bigmem? (btw.. these
do heavy simulations and also ALOT of NFS)

Brent