DRAC lockup

Per Andreas Buer perbu at linpro.no
Mon Mar 10 03:13:01 CST 2003

Hi.

We have got two PE2650 running Debian, kernel 2.4.20. Sometimes the
on-board DRAC locks up. We get a connect but nothing more - the web
server seems to be dead. Disconnecting the server from current seems to
fix things - but this is not an option anymore - the servers are both
going into production.

According to Dell support there is no way the OS should be able do this
to the DRAC. Are they wrong?

--
There are only 10 different kinds of people in the world,