DRAC II kernel driver

Bastiaan Spandaw bastiaan at spandaw.nl
Sun Mar 9 08:49:01 CST 2003

Hi All,

I had some problems with the DRAC kernel module.
First I installed DRAC-Driver-2.5.0-1.src.rpm (which was included in
om33_lnx_managed_system.tar)
Then I did rpm -bb DRAC-Driver.spec.
An error followed:

In file included from src/MegaRacDrvrLx.c:35:
/lib/modules/2.4.18-26.7.x/build/include/linux/malloc.h:4:2: #error
linux/malloc.h is deprecated, use linux/slab.h instead.

So I thought I'd try installing the driver "by hand"
I extracted the .tgz and and did a "make smp=yes" in the Driver dir, and got
the same error again.

So I eddited  MegaRacDrvrLx.c and replaced malloc.h with slab.h

After this change the module would compile ok, but now the module will not
load because its compiled for the UP kernel.
I see "-D__SMP__" in the gcc commandline, but it still says its not compiled
for the smp version.

An insmod -f will do the trick, and the module is loaded.
Now I can use the racconf utility.

Are these problems "bugs" in the source? or am I doing something wrong?

This system is a PE2450
RedHat 7.3 running 2.4.18-26.7.xsmp

TIA
Bastiaan Spandaw