Fiber Channel...

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Sat Mar 8 11:58:00 CST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Lerhaupt, Gary wrote:

> Dell supports QLogic HBAs in conjunction with your EMC SAN.  The 2200, 2310,
> 2340 and 2342 (dual port) HBA are all supported and qualified by EMC under
> 7.3, 8.0 and AS 2.1 currently with QLogic driver v6.04.00.  The Dell RPM can
> be downloaded from:
> http://download.qlogic.com/drivers/8635/qla2x00-clariion-v6.04.00-2.i386.rpm

FWIW, we are currently running a SAN using the Dell/EMC cx600 (from what
I've heard, very similar to the cx400), the dell rebranded brocade
silkworm switches (16 port 2Gb), 2xES40 (emulex HBAs), 1xPE4400 (qlogic
2340 HBAs), and a spectralogic gator 12k.

It is all working very well together, and with the exception
of a bad cable the v6.03 emc drivers from qlogics web site
work exceptionally well, including failover on the HBAs.

For load balancing you will have to purchase the powerpath software...

FYI, we are also running our own 2.4.20 kernel version (not stock RH
kernel).

So, in short, the cx600 and qlogic 6.03 driver do work well together.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."