DRAC text console redirection

Pottinger, Hardy J. PottingerHJ at umsystem.edu
Thu Mar 6 11:51:00 CST 2003

Hi again, I just thought I'd follow up on my own question with my own answer, in case anyone else is interested.

> My only other idea is that the text console redirect runs on
> another port, and I'll need to have that port open on my
> management station. I already have 443 (SSL) and 5900 (VNC)
> open. If this is the case, would anyone know the port I
> should be opening?

Turns out my hunch was right, I needed another open port, and the port in question is another VNC connection: 5901. I went ahead and openned 5902 and 5903, just in case the DRAC decides to spawn more than just these two VNCs for some odd reason.

So, if you need to connect to a DRAC, and you want to do it via a SSH tunnel, or allow connections through a firewall, just forward/open these ports: 443, 5900, and 5901.

--Hardy