OT: PCI-X Bus Speed no set correctly on PE4600

Marc Schmitt schmitt at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 6 04:43:00 CST 2003

Hi all,

According to the manual of the PE4600 it has:

Hot-pluggable: 6 x 64-bit/100MHz PCI-X slots

Yesterday I put in a QLA2310 FC adapter, which is a 64-bit/100MHz PCI-X
device. I placed it in slot 4 (bus 2) where no other device is that
could possibly force the bus to 66 MHz (slot 5 is empty). Indeed, in the
BIOS, the mode for slot 4 shows PCI-X, but the frequency is 66MHz
instead of 100MHz.

I could nowhere find how to change this, anyway, this should be
autodetected, imho.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? I have the latest BIOS installed (A08).

TIA

Regards,
	Marc