Is anyone using a PE2650 as an NFS server for UNIX clients????

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Wed Mar 5 17:03:01 CST 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Mansell, Gary wrote:

> If so, please can you respond telling me which architecture client(s) you are serving NFS services to so that I can narrow down the cause of the problem. I have been working with Redhat on this for a while but to date have got nowhere.

are you using redhat as a nfs fileserver to multiple other architectures ? if so,
which ones ?  i haven't seen this error before either.

> My hypothesis is that one particular type of UNIX client is having trouble communicating properly with my RH 7.3 Linux server (2.4.18-18.7.xsmp). I have had no reports back from the users of the NFS client workstations that things are not working correctly but I am getting thousands of messages swamping my messages file and this may be affecting performance.

the short term fix (i had to do the same thing with a different SVC message)
is to find the appropriate printk in the kernel source and recompile with
it not sending a syslog/message.

regards,

-jason