raid on RedHat 7.2 distro
rudmann at en.com
Wed Mar 5 09:36:01 CST 2003
I am attempting to get raid working on my Dell 500sc Poweredge server.
I am using RedHat 7.2 for the OS. The controller that Dell shipped
is a CERC ATA100/4ch. I have 3 40gb IDEs.
Here is what I did so far:
1) Installed RedHat using the Dell ServerAssistant install CD. I
selected RAID 5 at the appropriate point during this Dell utility.
2) I have unpartitioned space on the hard drive(s) now (about 67 gb).
1) Is hardware RAID automatically active now or do I need to install
drivers, configure partitions, etc. to use RAID? I am OK if hardware
RAID is working transparently.
2) How can I determine that RAID is working?
3) How do I properly create and format a new partition on the server
so that it is part of the RAID? Or, is the hardware RAID already
Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge