Redhat linux 8.0 on PE2650 with RAID

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Mar 4 08:17:01 CST 2003

> I am going to install RH 8.0 on PE2650 without using the Dell provided
> CDs. Does the RH8.0 CDs have the necessary drivers for my RAID 5
> configuration and do I loose something by not using the provided CDs.
> Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Yes, RHL8.0 has all the necessary drivers on their install CDs.  It
works great.  One pitfall - the tg3 network driver included there which
the PE2650 uses, has a few (now corrected) bugs.  Watch this list, or
the redhat-watch-list, for an announcement of a kernel errata from Red
Hat which will address this.  (No, I don't know exactly when it'll be
available, but Jeff and others have been working quickly and carefully
on it.)

Thanks,
Matt

--