Slackware 8.1 on Poweredge 4100/200 w/ PERC

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Mar 1 09:16:01 CST 2003

> I see the megaraid.s boot disk available from slack, but its
> description is " Supports AMI MegaRAID 428 and 438 (and maybe 466),
> SCSI host adapters." which does not sound like the 4100 PERC -- plus I

Yes, if you have a PERC (dual-channel Wide SCSI controller, not PERC2
quad-channel card) then it uses the megaraid driver.

> need to boot with support for BOTH the Adaptec and PERC controllers --
> right?

Right.  You may be best off starting from a Slackware 8.1 CD instead of
from boot floppies.  The CD should have both the megaraid driver (for
your RAID controller) and the aic7xxx driver (for your SCSI controller
which has your CD attached) on it.

Worst case, you can build a custom boot floppy with both those drivers
on it.

Thanks,
Matt

--