compiling kernel

Marc Schmitt schmitt at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Mar 1 05:26:00 CST 2003

Hi Eric,

Have a look at /etc/modules.conf, it contains the list of drivers
(modules) that the system needs to boot from a SCSI controller.
Use mkinitrd to create the initrd image ('mkinitrd
/boot/initrd-2.4.20.img 2.4.20') and add this to grub. If kernel 2.4.20
has a driver for you SCSI controller, mkinitrd will put it into
initrd-2.4.20.img, now the kernel will be able to load it *before* it
tries to switch to the root FS on the SCSI disk => no more kernel panic.

HTH

Greetz
    Marc